1. After reading all three books in the Pinkerton Detective Series, what do you think were the main themes or lessons conveyed by the story?
2. Do you think the titles conveyed the essence of each book? If so, how?
3. What did you think about the writing style of the novels?
4. Of all the couples in the series (Amanda & Chris, Penny & David, Mercedes & Eric) which was your favorite and why?
5. What is your overall impression of the series? Did the people seem real? The cases?
6. Which conflict, in any of the three books, did you find the most difficult to accept? Which resonated the most with your own experiences?
7. Which incident, in any of the three books, did you find the most heartening or endearing?
8. Which character did you hate the most and why?
9. Considering every character in the series, which one did you most identify with? Why?
10. What, if anything, would you have changed about the story?
11. Did any particular passage or quote hold special meaning for you?
12. What surprised you the most about the series? What disappointed you?
13. Did you learn anything new about history or the role of the Pinkerton agency? Explain. Discuss.
14. What will you remember most about this series?
15. If you could ask the author any question about the characters or their adventures, what would it be?