©2017 Innovative Writing Works
Other Discussion Guides:
Amazon Kindle ebook $2.99
CreateSpace Paperback: $9.95
The Pink Traitor
ISBN: (13): 9781535440288 / (10): 1535440278
Published: 2016 Innovative Writing Works
Category: Fiction/Mystery& Detective/Women Sleuths
1. Which character made the most profound impression on you (either positive or negative)
2. What did you think about the way Chris reacted to Amanda's kidnapping? Was he wrong to
disobey orders and go after her alone? How do you think he should have handled things?
3. Did you know about the Baltimore Plot before you read this book? Did you learn anything
4. What were your impressions/feelings/understanding about the Knights of the Golden Circle?
5. Do you think Hannah was right to join the KGC? Why or why not?
6. What was your reaction to Jonathan Webster's plan for revenge? Was it justifed? Foolish?
Did you believe it would gain him what he wanted most?
7. How did you feel when you learned about the particulars of Hannah's betrayal? Was she right
to leave Jonathan? Was she wrong to turn him over to the authorities? Discuss.
8. Which of the minor characters did you like best? Which did you like the least? Why?
9. Discuss the Pinkertons from a historical point of view. Do you think Allan Pinkerton truly
made a difference in saving Lincoln or would he have survived without the detective's
interference? What is your assessment of the agency and its agents overall. Were they a force
for good in America's history or simply a profit-seeking business?
10. How do you think Allan Pinkerton effected the outcome of the story? What did you see as
his primary role? What if anything did you learn about the real man?
11. Discuss Theresa's character. What did you think about her? Did you ever suspect she was
Jonathan's mother? Do you think it might have been possible for her to stop Jonathan from
taking revenge or being killed?
12. If you had been taken hostage by Jonathan Webster like Amanda was, what would you have
done? Do you think Amanda did enough to try to escape or dissuade Webster from his aims?
Would you have done anything differently? Explain.
13. Did Jonathan and Hannah get what they deserved in the end? Why or why not? What do
you think their fates should have been?
14. How did you feel about Amanda's reaction to Mrs. Webster's hanging? How would you
have reacted in Amanda's place? Do you think she was too forgiving? Explain.
15. What part of the story did you think was the most exciting? Which was the least exciting?
16. Were you disappointed with the outcome of the novel? Why or why not?
17. Was there anything about the plot or characters you found confusing? Any occurrences you
thought unlikely or unrealistic? Anything you felt seemed especially real or poignant?
18. Did any passage or quote particularly resonate with you or an experience you've had?
19. Which conflict in the novel did you find the most difficult to accept? Which resonated the
most with your own experiences?
20. What will you remember most about this book?